K.O. Trophy & Plate Draw for 2020
Preliminary Round: Wednesday 13th May 6.00pm
Clacton A v Holland on Sea A —- Winners become A
K.O. Trophy Round One: Wednesday 27th May 6.00pm
The eight winners go to the KO Trophy Quarter Final
The eight losers go to the KO Plate Quarter Final
‘A’ v Happy Valley B .1.
Kirby v Thorpe B .2.
Wivenhoe A v Thorpe A .3.
Brightlingsea B v Happy Valley A .4.
Dovercourt A v Dovercourt B .5.
Clacton B v Wivenhoe B .6.
Brantham v Brightlingsea A .7. Thursday 28th May 6.00 pm
Frinton B v Frinton A .8.
Quarter Finals: Wednesday 10th June 6.00pm
KO Trophy Winners become KO Plate
1 v 2 G 1 v 2
3 v 4 H 3 v 4
5 v 6 I 5 v 6
7 v 8 J 7 v 8
Semi Finals: Saturday 27th June at Thorpe BC
Plate at 10.00am KO Trophy at 2.00pm
G v H
I v J
Finals: Saturday 11th July at Wivenhoe B.C. both at 2.00pm
The completed K.O. result card must be sent to the League
Secretary Ron Bennett immediately after each match.
- All competitions to be played under World Bowls ‘Laws of the Sport of Bowls’ and in accordance with the Rules & Regulations of Bowls England, E.C.B.A. and this Association.
- All competitions shall be open to all full members of affiliated clubs and shall only be played on county passed rinks.
- The competitions shall be : Four Wood Singles, Two Wood Singles, Pairs, Triples, Fours, Mixed Pairs.
- The Two Wood Singles shall be played to a 21 shot finish, with no limit to the number of ends played.
- In Pairs, Triples & Fours one substitute may be used as per ECBA Competition Regulations.
- Singles players or teams who are unable to play in competition finals shall withdraw prior to the quarter final but the substitute rule applies through to and including the final – (see Rule 5 above).
- The Semi-finals & Finals will be played on a Saturday/Sunday at a time and venue specified by the Competiton Secretary.
- It is the Challengers responsibility to confirm all games and any problems arising there from must be reported to the Competition Secretary.
- If you have entered a competition but have decided not to participate, please let your opponent and the Competition Secreatary know well before the date of play.
- Results of matches can be submitted by either of the following methods.
* By telephone immediately following the match played or by 22.15 hrs on the ‘play by’ date. The winning Captain must then forward by 1st Class post the result card with both sets of players names on to the Competition Secretary at the address shown on the Mangemnet page of the Handbook. The telephone number is also available there. An answer machine is available.
* The Competitions Secretary’s preferred method is by e-mail, however a phone message as above is acceptable.
The e-mail address is also available on the Management page.
All players names taking part must be in the e-mail. The message must be sent before midnight on the ‘play by’ date.